flag

flag

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rep of the Week: Andrew Hurwitz


Andrew Hurwitz, a junior at Beth Tfiloh High School in Baltimore, Maryland, has been an exemplary representative for WILL WORK FOR FOOD. He and the other Reps at Beth Tfiloh have already raised over $2,500, and they're not done yet. Despite the busy schedule that comes with a school year's end, the group found the time to organize a food drive which they anticipate to be a huge success. To thank Andrew for the great work he's done for WILL WORK FOR FOOD, we made him this week's Rep of the Week.


Q: Who is your role model?

A: My mom.


Q: If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why?

A: I would love to meet Martin Luther King, Jr. and really experience how incredible of a person he was.

Q: What are your future college plans and career aspirations?
A: Right now, I'm looking at either the University of Pennsylvania or Michigan. As for my career, I really want to go into business.

Q: What else are you involved in at your high school besides WILL WORK FOR FOOD?
A: I'm involved in the business, spirit, sports, and admissions committees at school. I'm on the varsity soccer, basketball, and lacrosse teams, too.

Q: How did you hear about WILL WORK FOR FOOD?
A: I heard about WWFF when I visited the University of Michigan. My friend told me about the organization and I was interested from the start.

Q: Why did you decide to become Rep for WILL WORK FOR FOOD?
A: When I heard about WWFF, I was really impressed with the way WWFF connects local community services with a global effort to fight child malnutrition. I was already involved in many community service programs in my hometown of Baltimore, and I was interested in WWFF's ability to connect my neighborhood projects with global ones.

Q: What kind of work efforts have you organized at your high school?
A: So far we've taught basketball to an inner-city grade school. In the future, we plan on having a canned food drive.

Q: If you could describe WILL WORK FOR FOOD in one word, what would it be?
A: Community. I really love the way WWFF make the entire world one big community.

Want to become a Rep like Andrew? Check out our Become a Rep page and bring WILL WORK FOR FOOD to your school!



If you want to know every time WILL WORK FOR FOOD posts something new to our blog, email willworkforfoodblog@gmail.com with the subject line "Sign me up."

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Andrew is one of my role models! I think it is so impressive what he has done and I have no doubt that he will continue to do more to help those in need. He really is an inspiration!