flag

flag

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Drought in Somalia


Did you know that it has been over 100 days since famine was declared in Somalia?
As our goal is to help malnourished children around the globe, the current condition in Somalia is extremely relevant to our cause. This past summer, Somalia experienced one of the worst droughts in 60 years and has caused famine. Tens of thousands of Somalis have died and others have fled to neighboring countries.
How bad really is it?
Between July and September, over 110,000 malnourished children in the region were taken to health centers due to moderate and severe malnutrition.
What is America doing to help?
Aid groups around the country have raised about $60 million from private donors. While this should not be overlooked, it is noticeably lower than the $1.29 billion that we raised for Haiti.
What can you do to help the cause?
Get involved and raise sponsors--“volunteer locally to save children globally!”


Click here to see a video of a three-year-old boy who had severe acute malnutrition, the most extreme kind. He is one of the 336,000 children who suffer from this malnutrition across Somalia. Yet, after two months of treatment with therapeutic foods and medication, he is currently recovering!


If you want to know every time WILL WORK FOR FOOD posts something new to our blog, email willworkforfoodblog@gmail.com with the subject line "Sign me up."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A familiar voice sounded in the Beats By Dr Dre Superman operating room."This is a superior's instructions, I am also a command situation," said the doctor."She has nothing to remember, you still use such a brutal way to hurt her, do not feel too immoral do Beats By Dr Dre Tour you to reply to your supervisor, I took the problem to come to me." Come overbearing said."I am afraid not afford you, not to mention the potential of this woman is still, her consciousness back, would like to deal with her difficult. You can not a V Moda Crossfade LP woman, bad the entire disk of our plan, this woman is the biggest obstacle. not to mention she is only a temporary loss of memory, you must get rid of her at this time. "said the doctor."She is mine, I Monster Beats Solo HD promised my master, be sure to keep her life, I can not untrustworthy, and I Dre Beats help you have already told you my requirements, you promised me, how would now like to go back? "bearer said with some exasperation."One day you will regret it sooner or later, the doctor's hand suddenly fell down, scalpel at the my heart and put a down.I closed his eyes, after all, a doctor closer to me, save me again will not be faster than the Beats By Dr Dre Studio nearby doctor.