flag

flag

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Participant of the Week: Elise Machiele

Thanks to the hard-working students and volunteers who continue to spread WILL WORK FOR FOOD’s purpose across the nation, we’ve been able to watch the initiative really grow. Last week, Elise Machiele – a junior at Huron High School in Ann Arbor, MI – was our 1,000th worker to sign up. To commemorate this milestone, Elise has been named this week’s “Participant of the Week.” We wanted to get to know her a little bit better so without further ado, let’s meet Elise:

Q: What kinds of clubs or teams are you a part of?

A: I’m on the women's cross-country team and in charge of the Huron Cycling Club, a club where we go bike riding every Saturday afternoon. I’m also in my school’s choir and an a cappella girls singing group.

Q: What are your favorite hobbies?

A: Bike riding and creating art.

Q: What’s a cool trip you’ve been on recently?

A: This past summer I went on a mission trip to Belize with my church.

Q: What kind of career are you interested in?

A: I’m not sure what I want to do when I grow up yet, but I'm thinking about careers in either medicine, engineering, or art.

Q: How did you hear about WILL WORK FOR FOOD?

A: I heard about WILL WORK FOR FOOD from the other students at my school who are also involved in the organization.

Q: What was it about WILL WORK FOR FOOD that caught your attention? Why did you decide to join this work effort?
A: I feel like WILL WORK FOR FOOD is an organization that was started for all the right reasons, and it really does what it sets out to do: fight child malnutrition through the work efforts of local volunteers. It seemed like a really good way to make an impact globally while helping my community at the same time.


If you want to know every time WILL WORK FOR FOOD posts something new to our blog, email willworkforfoodblog@gmail.com with the subject line "Sign me up."

No comments: