flag

flag

Friday, December 11, 2009

Participant of the Week: John French


John French – a native of Cary, NC – is currently in his sophomore year at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. He was able to raise almost $200 for his recent work effort at the Peidmont Wildlife Center with the help of numerous family and friends who sponsored his volunteering. For his great work, we decided it was time for everyone to meet John:


Q: What are you studying at UNC-Chapel Hill ? And do you have any idea what you want to be when you grow up?
A: I’m a biology major and I hope to go into health care when I graduate.


Q: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

A: I would go to Antarctica to study penguins.

Q: What's the best movie you've seen recently?

A: Funny People

Q: What's your favorite music group/singer?

A: Thelonious Monk

Q: How did you get so many people to sponsor you?

A: I mainly asked my family and close friends to make contributions through e-mail.

Q: Was finding sponsors easy or difficult to do?
A: I thought it might be difficult to find sponsors for my work efforts, but it turned out to be a lot easier than I thought. After explaining what WILL WORK FOR FOOD was, they were all more than happy to donate to the worthwhile cause.

Q: How long did it take you to raise this money?
A: I sent out e-mails and then within a few hours I had donations. It took almost no time at all!

A: How did you find out about Will Work For Food?

A: I found out about WWFF through Peter Helvie and Ben Vollmer, the WILL WORK FOR FOOD representatives for UNC-Chapel Hill.

Q: Why are you interested in helping and participating in WILL WORK FOR FOOD?
A: I was drawn to WILL WORK FOR FOOD because it is a unique and simple way to help around my local community while helping malnourished children in Darfur at the same time.

Q: If you could describe WWFF in one word, what would it be?

A: Compassion



If you want to know every time WILL WORK FOR FOOD posts something new to our blog, email willworkforfoodblog@gmail.com with the subject line "Sign me up."

No comments: